Tuesday 30 September 2014

Benefit Porefessional Powder Review


For those of you who haven't heard about it yet, the Porefessional Powder is the new sister product for Benefit's hugely popular Porefessional Primer. I have to say I love the Porefesional primer, so I was excited to see what the powder version had to offer. It's a loose powder that claims not only to minimise pores, but to eliminate shine and leave the skin with an invisible, lightweight matte finish.




 The Packaging is typical Benefit, fun and innovative. The built-in brush and compact dispenser makes it perfect for quick application but I can't help thinking the packaging looks and feels quite cheap, which is dissapointing considering the £23.50 price tag. The brush is soft but very small, so not something I would use in my day to day makeup routine.



Packaging aside the product itself is quite nice. The powders very light weight on the skin and doesnt have an overly matte finish. I can't say I'm sold on the poreminimising properties, it doesnt provide a dramatic minimising effect to the pores like the Porefessional but it does control shine for 5-6 hours.





Overall I think the Porefessional powder has some good benefits, it's relatively long lasting and blends well but I'm afraid im not sold. You get 7g for £23.50 so I was expecting the powder to be quite exceptional for the price.

If you're looking for a loose powder to keep in your bag for touchups and shine control, this product could well be for you. 

Have you tried this yet? What do you think of the quality and price point?

You can buy the Benefit Porefessional Powder here.



Fleur x

14 comments:

  1. I really want to try this and after this review I think I defintiely will! Such a good post.

    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this before and it's pretty good :)

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it's packaged in a really convenient way that's great if you're on the go. x

    www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not completely sold on this - I like the porefessional in general but this seems more gimmicky for some reason, I think there is better out there for sure.
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never used a product like this before, it looks pretty good! Cute packaging.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The packaging isnt as eye-catching and gorgeous like the usual benefit products! I dont think id pick this one up!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sold on it either, although the container looks cute.

    http://lavieest-belle-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gran post! Un abrazo. Seguimos tu blog, síguenos: twognrtions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Porfessional but Im not into the powder that much :) www.zairacantara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very helpful! I'm into anything that minimises pores but don't think I'm prepared to spend a lot of money on a powder. Great post :)

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried the powder before sad that you didn't like it
    but I always love the packaging of Benefit! <3

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i heard a lot of beautiful things about this product, but I still have to try it xx

    claudiamedas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I read your review, because I was planning on buying this one too but I was in doubt :) I am going to try a similar one by Kiko Milano :) Let's hope!
    xx Anka

    www.teacupsanddresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually really like Benefit products, but I'm not a fan of powders and if you say this is not worth it I would pass of this one and probably try Make Up Forever HD powder (It always has amazing reviews!). xx

    theglowlab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete